Liberty Transmission/G-force Transmission

The Original intent was to have two 5 speed transmissions ready for Bonneville; a Liberty and a G-Force.  In March, we had talked to G-force about adding an air shifter.  I thought we had it figured out that the cost would be about $2k and three weeks timeframe to have it done.  Marty and I talked about making our own air shifter, but in the time frame we wanted it and the Liners history of bad luck with the drive train, we opted to have G-force do it.  This way we could be working on other stuff.  We thrashed to send it out on the first of April so that we would have it back by the end of April.  Got a call last Friday and that price went from $2k to $5k because of poor communication.  G-force trans is now out for an option and the Liberty will be the main choice for getting us to the 300MPH goal with the Diesel engines.  I have a lot more to share so next week.  I’ll post more pictures this week.   It’s coming along pretty nicely and should make B-ville for the August Race.  Still lots to do so if anyone has some time to volunteer.  There is a large list……even for the support equipment (motorhome, trailer, tools, Golf Cart, mini bikes etc, etc, etc..)Liberty

Liberty Trans in and ready to go. Marty and I changed the input shaft last weekend. Then we just needed to shorten the tail shaft by 1″ to . Charlie threw the whole trans up in the lathe and made it happen! Good Job Chuck! We also used the lathe for a test shift bench and it worked Great!

 

 

 

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s